Please review the below description and if you are interested please contact Govardhan ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 484-234-2632 as our client is looking to fill this position immediately.
Job Title : Mechanical Engineer
Location : Billerica, MA
Duarion : 12 Months
To drive and assist with the design, development, and ongoing support of products and manufacturing processes inherent to the business. The position's key responsibilities include mechanical design and modifications, production process design and
improvement, customer workflow improvement, production cell layout, new product introduction, hardware/software development, drafting, and potentially machining.
- Provide technical support and expertise to manufacturing groups with regard to issue resolution, troubleshooting, and improvements to current product lines and corresponding manufacturing processes.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, test and evaluate electromechanical instruments and systems involving precision motion control, automation technology, computer interfaces, and microscopy in order to support and improve upon current and new product platforms.
- Develop and implement modifications of processes, equipment, and facility required through the use of Lean Manufacturing based concepts to address expected increases in productivity, quality and reduction in costs.
- Assist in the development of Lean based tools and process optimization at customer kaizen events as part of the company's System Optimization initiative.
- Lead, manage and perform engineering studies and projects according to defined plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Use skills and experience to identify, develop, and establish supplier specifications and tolerances to raw materials and manufactured components.
- Troubleshoot, design and develop scripts to test and automate tasks involving microscopy products.
- Design, develop, repair, and construct mechanical components pertaining to automated instrumentation utilizing machining skills and equipment such as milling platforms, lathes, grinders, etc.
- Install, interface, maintain, and troubleshoot automated and interactive measurement and preparation equipment (strainers, spectrometers) and microscopy equipment.
- Create detailed drawings and models using CAD programs as part of the development process and communication of design ideas. Utilize sensitive measurement devices and techniques.
- Communicate project progress through written reports and formal slide presentations to management.
- Manage outsourced fabrications as needed. This includes plastic injection molding, CNC machining, and other fabrication not achievable with in-house equipment and tooling.
- Handle hazardous waste as appropriate.
Thanks & Regards
Relevante | Accounting & Technology Consultants
1400 North Providence Road Suite 4025 Media, PA 19063